Sunday 18 January 2015

Rainbow-themed Party






My beautiful youngest daughter turned one last march and we threw her a rainbow-themed party. Rainbow balloons, decorations, food and cake. The first thing that I made was rainbow fudge. You can find the recipe for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwC8oTk8KDY










Rainbow Jelly






For this you just need four packets of jelly; purple, red, orange and green. Make the green ( lime ) jelly as per the instructions on the packet and pour into see-through cups, I used shot glasses, then pop into the fridge for an hour. Repeat for the orange layer, then the red and finally purple.




Rainbow cake





I decided on a simple rainbow decoration for the exterior of this cake propped up on fluffy clouds because the real beauty of the cake is inside. The recipe for the cake came from BBC Good Food as the layers are quite thin so I didn't use my usually cake recipe. You can find it here   http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3028705/rainbow-cake    







I was really pleased with the layers, with the exception of the green which no matter how much green colouring I added it still turned out yellowy!






To go with the Rainbow cake, jelly, and fudge there was also fruit kebabs consisting of strawberries, oranges, mango, green grapes and blueberries, m&ms and jelly tots ( sorted into colours by my boys ) and candy canes.











No comments:

Post a Comment