Tuesday 20 January 2015

Lemon bakewell tarts

Two of my sister's favourite desserts are lemon tart and bakewell tart so I though it might be nice to combine them. You can find the recipe for these at 

 http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1898650/lemon-bakewell-tarts  

   

They were easy to make and really delicious so I made some more.I wasn't too fond of the lemon peel in the pastry so I left it out. Then to make sure it still had a lovely lemony flavour I made some icing using icing sugar and the juice from a lemon and used that to decorate the top. 



I only have five pastry tins and the recipe makes six so the last one went in a glass ramekin. It would have been impossible to turn it out so I grabbed a spoon and ate it straight from the oven. I think that one might have even been better than the ones baked in the pastry tins!



No comments:

Post a Comment